A trixie bet is a bet which consists of three selections. However, compared to your standard treble bet, a trixie bet covers three doubles, as well as the treble bet, so there are four bets included in this type of bet, which provides some punters with insurance behind their betting selections.
To see a return of some funds, you’ll only need two selections to win, as then one of your double bets would be settled as a winner. If all three selections are settled as winners, then you’ll have four winning bets technically, although the trixie bet itself would be a winning one as a whole.
Trixie Bet Examples
Below, you’ll find an example of a football trixie bet with bet365, which is a betting site that is one of the best around for football betting. They have an accumulator bonus promotion which is available for existing bet365 customers as well, which is another positive that this operator has going for them.
Pictured below is an example of a horse racing trixie bet with Betfair. To see a return of some funds, you’ll need at least two selections to win, as a double within the trixie bet would be a winning one.
Tennis is a sport that is popular to wager funds on through a betting site, which isn’t much of a surprise when events are held daily around the world. You’ll find an example of a tennis trixie bet on William Hill below.
How To Work Out A Trixie Bet
It can be complicated to work out the potential return of a trixie bet without a trixie bet calculator. Here at Bonus Code Bets, our trixie bet calculator will help you out. However, the majority of betting sites show you what your potential full payout on a trixie bet is, which is often extremely helpful.
Working out a trixie bet is relatively simple though, and we’ve provided you with a brief explanation of the process below.
- Covert any fractional odds into decimal odds by dividing the top number by the bottom number, before adding one to that. (E.g. 5/1 becomes 6.0, and 13/2 becomes 7.5)
- Double 1: Selection A odds x Selection B odds = Return (including stake)
- Double 2: Selection A odds x Selection C odds = Return (including stake)
- Double 3: Selection B odds x Selection C odds = Return (including stake)
- Treble: Selection A x Selection B x Selection C = Return (including stake)
What Is An Each Way Trixie Bet?
An Each Way trixie bet consists of eight bets in total, which is double that of a standard trixie bet. An each way bet means that you’re covering yourself if your betting selection places. If your selection places, but doesn’t win, then the place sections of your trixie bet will still have a chance of being settled as a winner.
Each Way trixie bets aren’t available on football or tennis though, as you can’t see a place occur in these sports, so it’s only relevant to horse racing. The majority of leading bookmakers pay around 1/5 of the win odds, although this isn’t always the case, as it can depend on how many runners are involved in a certain race.
How To Place A Trixie Bet On bet365
It couldn’t be easier to place a trixie bet on bet365. This operator makes it easy for you to place any bet that you wish. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to place a trixie bet on bet365.
- Click here to be directed to the operator’s site.
- Log into your account with the username and password that you created when signing up to bet365.
- For this example, we’ll place a football trixie bet, so we’ll select the ‘Soccer’ heading from the left-hand menu.
- We’ll select three selections to include in our trixie bet. Remember that these selections have to be from separate events.
- Click on the ‘Show more multiples’ option at the bottom of the betslip on bet365.
- In the trixie box, enter the stake that you want to place on this bet. Remember that your stake is multiplied by four, as you’re covering four bets.
- Click the ‘Place Bet’ option, which is coloured green.
Patent Bet vs Trixie Bet
There isn’t too much difference between a patent bet and a trixie bet, however, the only difference is that a patent bet includes the three single bets from the three betting selections you’ve made. Therefore, there are seven bets in total in a patent bet, whereas a trixie bet only consists of four selections, as it doesn’t include the single sections of the bet.
With a patent bet including the single sections of the bet, it does mean that the stake is slightly higher than of a trixie bet.