A Lucky 31 bet consists of 31 bets on five different selections. These include:
- Five singles
- Ten doubles
- Ten trebles
- Five four-folds
- One five-fold accumulator
To see some sort of return of funds, you need one of the selections involved in your Lucky 31 bet to win. If you’re lucky enough to see all of your selections involved in your Lucky 15 bet win, then you’ll be credited with the maximum payout on offer, which depends on the odds and stake.
We’ll explain all there is to know about the Lucky 31 bet, including how they work in horse racing and how to place a Lucky 31 on bet365.
Lucky 31 Bet Examples
Let’s say that you want to bet on a horse race. You have chosen all five selections to be winners, and they all have odds of 2.00. You wish to stake £10 per selection, meaning that your total outlay amounts to £310.
Your total profit would be £2594, whereas your total return would amount to £2904.
What Is A Lucky 31 In Horse Racing?
A Lucky 31 is a popular type of bet to place on horse racing, as (depending on the odds), it can potentially offer a sizeable payout for punters. With some sort of insurance being included with a Lucky 31 horse racing bet if some selections lose, it’s understandable as to why it’s a bet that is hugely popular in racing meetings.
It consists of five singles, ten doubles, ten trebles, five four-folds, and one five-fold accumulator, and if one selection wins, then you’re guaranteed to see a return of some funds.
How To Work Out A Lucky 31 Bet
- If you have fractional odds displayed with your chosen betting site, convert them into decimals by dividing the top number by the bottom and adding one. (For example, 3/1 becomes 4.0 and 2/1 becomes 2.0.)
- Single bets: Decimal odds x stake = return (including stake)
- Doubles: Selection 1 odds x Selection 2 odds = return (including stake)
- Trebles: Selection 1 x Selection 2 x Selection 3 = return (including stake)
- Four-fold: Selection one x Selection two x Selection three x Selection four = return (including stake)
- Five-fold: Selection one x Selection two x Selection three x Selection four x Selection five = return (including stake)
How Does An Each-Way Lucky 31 Bet Work?
An each-way bet in horse racing means that you’re betting on a horse to win their race, as well as covering it with a place bet. With 31 different bets being included in a Lucky 31, you won’t be surprised to hear that an each-way Lucky 31 is 62 bets in total. An each-way Lucky 31 will give you a settled winner for every horse that places in your bet, as well as every horse that wins.
If some of your selections involved in the Lucky 31 lose or place, your potential maximum return payout will be adjusted accordingly. Depending on the odds of the selections in the bet.
Super Yankee or Lucky 31?
A Super Yankee consists of 26 bets in total. They are ten doubles, ten trebles, five four-fold accumulators, and one five-fold. The only difference between a Super Yankee and a Lucky 31 is that the Lucky 31 includes the five single bets, whereas the Super Yankee doesn’t.
Canadian vs Lucky 31
There isn’t too much difference between a Lucky 31, however, a Canadian bet doesn’t cover the single bets involved in a Lucky 31. Therefore, there are 26 bets in total in a Canadian bet, which is another popular type of bet that punters like to place on many different sporting events.
Ladbrokes Lucky 31 Bonus
Ladbrokes has you covered with a Lucky 31 bonus for both new and existing customers. This Ladbrokes multiple bet includes singles and upwards on 5 selections respectively. They’re offering a 20% bonus on the potential return on winning Lucky 31 bets.
However, it’s important to remember that the bonus is only available on the following markets.
- Correct Score
- First Goalscorer
- Half-Time/Full-Time Football bets (Ante Post selections not included)
How To Do A Lucky 31 Bet On bet365
There are many different betting sites you can use to place a Lucky 31 bet, but we’re going to take you through a step-by-step guide on how to do a Lucky 31 bet on bet365, which are one of the most popular bookmakers to use.
- Use our bet365 bonus code and be directed to the site.
- Log into your account with the username and password you created when signing up.
- For this example, we’ll look to place a horse racing Lucky 31 bet. So we’ll click on the ‘Horse Racing’ heading from the left-hand menu.
- We’ll select five horses from five separate races.
- In the betslip, click the ‘Show more multiples’ option.
- Type in your stake into the Lucky 31 box, but remember that whatever stake you put into the box, it’ll be multiplied by 31.
- Click the ‘Place Bet’ button, which will be coloured green.
Lucky 31 FAQ
About us: BonusCodeBets provides some of the best betting information and reviews on the market. Be it bonus codes, betting tips, betting guides, or free bets, we cover it all for top brands such as bet365, Ladbrokes, and William Hill. Furthermore, we try to highlight everything you need to know about UK online bookmakers. (T&Cs Apply)